Friday, March 14, 2008

Resume

They say the perfect resume reflects your strengths, accomplishments and experience and will fit onto only one piece of paper. That could be a real problem for me...NOT because I have such a long list of strenghts and accomplishments, but because I have so much experience that I don't know how to make it fit on one sheet of paper!

You see my problem is that I have never had a job for longer than 2 1/2 years. Never!

I entered the nursing field in the late '80s and ever since I have change jobs many, many times. I have often had 3 or more W-2 forms when doing taxes.
In 2005 I did break a record and passed the 2.5 year mark by remaining with the same company. This June I will have been with my current company for 6 (count'em six) years!!! A big thing for me. However, I have continued to change position (even in the same company) at least every 2-2 1/2 years.

I share this because two weeks ago, I changed jobs again. In my almost 6 years with this company this will be my fourth position with them.
I am the new Director of Nursing at a 136 bed skill nursing facility. It is a position with many responsibilities that can be quite over-whelming at times. I have worked in LTC facilities for many years, but this is my first time as a DON (Director of Nursing).
I was quite nervous on my first day. But when I got to work, I found a big "Welcome Sally" poster on my door and they had a big lucheon with a "Welcome Sally" cake!
WOW..I felt so loved!

The scripture I copied to take with me on my first day is found in 2Timothy 1:7 and says:
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
What a great promise...what a great encouragement! And, as always, God is true and faithful to all he has promised. It's been a great two weeks!