Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Beginning

Well, I have thought about it for quite some time. Some of my kids are doing it...which is very cool and inspiring. So last night I finally did it...I created a 'blog', and tonight I am actually writing my first post!

Pretty 'techie' for an old grandma!



I have named it "...the gentleness of wisdom" which I took from the New Testament book of James, chapter 3 verse 13. (NASB) Why? Well, as I have gotten older, I have longed for wisdom. I have learned to see it's worth and value in life. When I was younger, I didn't really think much of it. But now, I recognize just how much I need it and all the ways I am lacking in it.



To have knowledge, understanding, discernment and insight to face the trials of everyday life is such a blessing. Truly greater than fame or wealth.



I love the chapter this verse comes from. James talks about two types of wisdom...one that is earthly, natural, demonic. This is where jealous, selfish ambition and disorder is. (vs 15, 16) The other wisdom is from above ~ pure, peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good 'fruits' and without hypocrisy (verse 17). A real fail-proof checklist!



About 8 or 9 years ago, I was challenged by a women I greatly admired to read and study the Bible. I was hesitant, and quite sure I would not enjoy or understand it. But she talked me into trying and I began reading. Well, it changed my life. It is now a daily, and hopefully life-long habit. Many benefits have come from it, but one of the greatest is the blessing of wisdom. I have a more clear understanding of myself, of life and it's purposes, and mostly of the goodness and love of our great God. My degree of wisdom is small, but growing, and I am blessed by it's gentleness.